How to make delicious Seitan with our Vital Wheat Gluten Powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large white onion - chopped
- 2 garlic clove - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1 1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
- Heat a large pan with canola oil. Sautée the onion and garlic cloves until they are soft. Add the cumin and fennel seeds. Cook until browned.
- Add the chickpeas, onion-garlic-spices mixture, tomato paste, salt, thyme, smoked paprika, soy sauce, and sparkling water to a food processor.
- After it is saucy add the vital wheat gluten and process until it becomes a ball.
- Prepare a large pot with a few inches of water.
- Use a steaming basket and turn the heat on high.
- This is when you can mold the seitan into your meat.
- Steam for about 40 minutes flipping halfway